Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Alabaster Crush

 
Here of late (don't ask me why) but I'm crazy about alabaster.  I can't get over how beautiful it is.  This quarried stone can be costly, but I've been lucky enough to run across some pieces that were perfectly imperfect ~ making them more affordable.  Here are a few of my favorites.  

The alabaster bowl (above) stands lovely by itself but I also use it for a fruit bowl. 
 

In spite of their imperfections (although unnoticeable in these photos) I still find the alabaster pieces to be stunning.  This photo says calm and serene to me.  


I use the rectangular box to hold Q-tips and the ashtray is an ideal ring or bracelet holder.  The exquisite necklace was a gift from my sweet friend Tara ~ see more of her amazing work here and the fabulous bracelet was made by my friend Gloria ~ check out more of her unique creations here.  


The candle holder above came from the thrift store for a couple of bucks.  It seemed oddly appropriate that I pair it with this pear candle that I found on clearance here.

I'm on the search for more pretty alabaster finds.  Wishful thinking...I hope to find a couple of vintage lamps...someday. :)

Just an FYI ~ I've had a little hiccup with my camera (the one I usually shoot photos for the blog with).  The shutter hasn't been opening all the way.  So, it had to be shipped off to New York for repair.  The pics today, were with my iPhone.  All things considering, I think they turned out pretty good.

I hope to see you back here soon.  Have a super week!  :) Dana

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...